- Capacity BuildingCleaner Production and Energy Efficiency in the Industry (Constanta, 2005)
- Financial Engineering for Cleaner Production and Energy Efficiency Projects (Bucharest 2004 - 2005)
- Financial Engineering for GHG Mitigation Projects in Romania
A combined capacity building/training and project development programme for Romanian facility managers, project developers and specialists in how to develop business plans for climate change mitigation projects, some of them suitable for Joint Implementation.
The participants were trained on business planning and presentation skills, enabling them to:
- Develop the first version of a business plan for their specific project.
- Present their business plan to a financial institution.
- Collaborate with financial institutions on further development of business plans and required JI Project documentation.
The rationale behind the Kyoto Protocol, as well as the framework for development, financing and implementation of JI projects, were discussed in lectures, examples and exercises. Local procedures for application of JI projects, including national institutional framework and selection criteria were presented. The programme gave the participants the required capacity to develop business plans for commercial energy efficiency and environmental projects. Result: 19 Romanian energy experts educated in Financial Engineering, 10 Business Plans for industrial energy efficiency projects developed.
Local partners: Romanian Pollution Prevention Centre (CPP) and Romanian Energy Efficiency Centre (ARCE)
Client: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Duration: 2002 – 2003
- Cleaner Production and Energy Efficiency in Romanian Industry (2002 - 2003)